In the summer of 2019, I worked as the New Media intern for the Pittsburgh Penguins
My duties included:
- Assisting with drafting content and compiling analytics for the Penguins’ social networks
- Assisting New Media graphic designer in planning, designing, and creating graphics for social
- Formulating ideas for digital content for goals of team corporate partners
- Shooting and logging photos of players and promotional items for internal media server
- Updating and maintaining various pages on pittsburghpenguins.com
- Generating reports on status of various team social accounts and responses to fan surveys
- Managing population of new team YouTube channel for launch
Below are examples of my work.
Graphics I created for Instagram stories announcing the team’s first round draft pick Samuel Poulin
Instagram story graphics I created promoting Ice Crew applications
Puck gif I created using Adobe After Effects for team GIPHY page, in use on Penguins Instagram stories
Actual lineup graphic on the left, my concept on the right
Photos I took during development camp
Promotional trivia posts in partnership with Walmart. I researched the questions and built the graphics that were eventually posted to team Instagram stories.